This program introduces players and families to inline hockey within a fun and supportive learning environment.
Players will learn about equipment and develop fundamental skills with the main emphasis on learning how to skate. Once you are comfortable, we will put you on one of our rec leagues to try it out!
Skate City supplies gloves, shin guards, and helmets for any players that need them - all players should have their own stick and elbow pads (recommended)
*Please arrive 20-30 minutes early to get equipment on.
• Skating Techniques, proper way to hold the stick
• Puck Handling, skating with the puck
• Passing & Catching the Puck
• Shooting the Puck, wrist shot and slap shot
• Backwards Skating & Defensive Techniques
• Review of all skills plus Inline Hockey positions
• Scrimmage Games